What’s the Color of Spring?
Find out the most trendy colors of spring 2016 and explore best color combinations and inspirations with DianaUlanova studio…
“Colors this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves”, reads the Fasion Color Report Spring 2016 prepared by the Pantone Color Institute, the place where colors come into existence.
This year fashion designers go for experimenting with vibrant colors coupled with more calming natural tones, which are conceived to bring peace and relaxation in this time of uncertainty in terms of global political and economic environment, and choose to stick to the same pallete for both men’s and women’s collections…
And the top ten colors for Spring 2016 are:
· Rose Quartz. “The soothing, calming nature of colors in the Spring collections are led by PANTONE 13-1520 Rose Quartz, a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Like a serene sunset, flushed cheek or budding flower, Rose Quartz reminds us to reflect on our surroundings during the busy but lighthearted spring and summer months.”
· Peach Echo. “The fashion and design communities, and consequently, consumers, have been in love with orange for several seasons. Coming to the fore this Spring is PANTONE 16-1548, Peach Echo, a shade that emanates friendlier qualities, evoking warmth and accessibility. It is an all-encompassing, tempered companion in the playful orange family.”
Serenity. “Weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, PANTONE 15-3919 Serenity comforts with a calming effect, bringing a feeling of respite even in turbulent times. A transcendent blue, Serenity provides us with a naturally connected sense of space.”
· Snorkel Blue. “A maritime-inspired blue, PANTONE 19-4049 Snorkel Blue plays in the navy family, but with a happier, more energetic context. The name alone implies a relaxing vacation and encourages escape. It is striking yet still, with lots of activity bursting from its undertones.”
· Buttercup. “While the majority of the Spring/Summer palette trends toward calmness, a few diversions from the theme emerge that offer a contrast. With PANTONE 12-0752 Buttercup, designers reveal a shining beacon transporting its wearer to a happier, sunnier place.”
· Limpet Shell. “A shade of aqua that leans toward the green family, PANTONE 13-4810 Limpet Shell is clear, clean and defined. Suggestive of clarity and freshness, its crisp and modern influences evoke a deliberate, mindful tranquility.”
· Lilac Grey. “As in most any season, the need for neutrals arises. Essentially a basic, the subtlety of the lilac undertone in PANTONE 16-3905 Lilac Gray, adds a distinctive edge to this classic gray shade.”
· Fiesta. “The high energy PANTONE 17-1564 Fiesta is a harbinger of excitement, encouraging free-spirited exploration to unknown but welcoming locales. A strong and fiery, yellow-based Red, the vivid Fiesta provides a stark contrast to the calming, softer nature of this season’s palette.”
· Iced Coffee. “A transitional color that will take us through the seasons, PANTONE 15-1040 Iced Coffee manifests as another strong neutral for the season. With its natural earthy quality, the softness and subtlety of Iced Coffee creates a stable foundation when combined with the rest of this season’s palette.”
· Green Flach. “PANTONE 15-0146 Green Flash calls on its wearer to explore, push the envelope and escape the mundane, radiating an openness that combines with the rest of the palette in unexpected but serendipitous ways. The popularity of this brilliant hue is representative of nature’s persistent influence even in urban environments, a trend continuing to inspire designers.”
We at Caldow Ltd and DianaUlanova studio (http://dianaulanovabags.com/) are always eager to propose our designer color solutions, but you as clients may as well bring out your own ideas, and we’ll bring them to life.
Bags in the collage (left to right, top row then bottom):
Totem Clutch Beige & Blue https://dianaulanovabags.com/feather-bags?product_id=260
Leafdrop Snorkel-Blue & Buttercup: https://dianaulanovabags.com/nature-inspired-bags?product_id=176
Moderne Rose-Quartz & Fiesta https://dianaulanovabags.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=230
Tropico Pastello (Iced-Coffee & Buttercup) https://dianaulanovabags.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=229
Fleur-de-Lys Coral https://dianaulanovabags.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=267
Reference: Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, is the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems and leading technology for the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries. The PANTONE® name is known worldwide as the standard language for color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer.
(The main photo was adopted from http://www.imgmob.net/image/splash-of-color/splash-of-color-digital-art)